The Chevy K5 Blazer was introduced in 1969 as a sports-utility vehicle. In 1995, there was an upgraded version called Chevy Tahoe, which is popular to this day. However, many owners love their K5 Blazer to this day and take good care of it. If you are one of them, this article is for you.
We understand what a good lift can do to an SUV, even if it is GM Motors’ (then) smallest SUV. This is why we have come up with a list of the best kits available for this purpose. Let’s take a look.
Best Lift kits for K5 Blazer
1. Rough Country Lift Kit – 4 inches
Rough Country is a leading manufacturer of lift kits that promise style, performance, and protection. This particular lift kit can give you a solid 4-inch lift along with the following benefits:
- These lifts are compatible with K5 Blazer models from 1977 to 1987. You can also use them with C10, C15, K10, and K15 models.
- The kit includes N3 shock absorbers that enable you to use the vehicle on-road and off-road with perfect ground clearance.
- You can install the lifts at home without professional help.
- The ride quality after installing the lifts will mirror the original quality.
- All the materials in the kit have been cut through the CAD process with ultimate precision.
- The kit has a lifetime warranty.
- Product works as expected
- Easy to install
2. Rough Country Lift Kit – 6 inches
If 4 inches won’t cut it for you, you should definitely try out the Rough Country 6-inch lifts for the K5 Blazer. Below are the reasons why we love this kit:
- It is compatible with K5 Blazer models from 1973 to 1976 along with many other models such as Jimmy, Suburban, and C/K10 trucks.
- It promises better performance and protection along with a considerable lift.
- The lifts will not disturb the ride quality. You will be able to enjoy the factory ride quality with them.
- The kit includes N3 shocks, struts, relocation brackets, leaf springs, and other materials required for installation.
- These materials are of high quality, having gone through the CAD process for precision cutting.
- Installation is quite straightforward and does not require professional assistance.
- The kit has a lifetime replacement warranty while the struts and shocks are backed by a 3-year warranty.
- High quality
- Easy to install
- Slightly expensive
3. RTZ – Rear Lift – 1.75 inches
If it’s a little lift you want for proper leveling of your truck, you can definitely choose the RTZ rear lift kit. It is durable, easy to install, and has the following features:
- Installation is very quick because it is bolt-on. You do not need to worry about drilling, welding, or cutting.
- Once you install it, you will have a 1.75-inch rear lift along with factory ride quality.
- The lift kit will improve how your truck looks.
- The kit comes with lift shackles and bushings made out of polyurethane.
- The manufacturers are offering a lifetime warranty with these lifts.
- Improves appearance
- Does not come with all materials required for installation
- Only rear lift
4. Performance Accessories – Body Lift Kit
This Made in America lift kit is ideal for both 2WD and 4WD trucks of compatible models. Here are some of its standout features:
- It provides a solid 3-inch lift without modifying any of the existing components.
- With this amount of lift, you will easily be able to add larger tires to your vehicle.
- You won’t have any problems with the OEM suspension geometry. The kit does not alter it at all.
- The center of gravity will be on the lower side with these lifts.
- The body blocks are fiberglass-reinforced and laser cut.
- All the hardware needed is included in the kit.
- Maintains factory ride quality
- For some models it may be a little short
5. Rough Country Lift Kit – 4 inches
We are ending with another Rough Country product because it is one of the most reliable ones out there. Let’s find out why you should buy these lifts.
- You will get an excellent lift of 4 inches on your 1969 to 1972 K5 Blazer models. It also fits other models. So, make sure you check the compatibility before purchasing.
- It offers superior ground clearance.
- The N3 shock absorbers included in the kit are among the best in the industry. They are ideal for off-road usage and on-road driving.
- The kit is easy to install.
- You will enjoy better performance and style with no change to the factory ride quality.
- Lifetime replacement warranty
- State-of-the-art shocks
Make sure you compare all the above options and choose the best lift kit for K5 Blazer according to your needs.
What does K5 mean on a Blazer?
K stands for 4 wheel drive (4WD) version and C stands for 2 wheel drive (2WD).
How much does a shop charge to install a lift kit?
It depends on the amount of lift you want. A shop can take anywhere from $800 to $8000. If you buy a DIY kit and install it yourself, the cost will go down by half.
Is it bad to put a lift kit on a truck?
A lift kit will just increase the lift of your vehicle. It is a simple mechanism that may affect the overall performance but it won’t alter ride quality. The only thing you should remember is to buy compatible, good quality lifts.
Can I install a lift kit myself?
Absolutely. If you have experience working with trucks, you won’t have any problems installing it yourself. Otherwise, you may need professional help.
How long does it take to install a lift kit?
If you have everything you need for installation, you will be able to do it in 2 hours. If you are working with a small toolbox and have limited experience, it may take double the time.
Does a lift kit hurt gas mileage?
If you install a heavy kit, there will be a difference in gas mileage.
We hope our article helps you pick the right lift kit for your K5 Blazer. If you have any more doubts or questions, please get in touch with us.