The Chevy is quite an amazing automobile, isn’t it? It is tough and provides the comfort you want. This is why it is the first choice for those who want a kickass truck that can get them places with little to no signs of wear.
However, for some of us, that’s not enough! We love customizing our beasts to make them better! For off-road and other heavy-duty purposes, for example, lifting your truck a little may make it even more badass. Plus, the joy of working on our own vehicles can seldom be described in words! So, without further ado, let’s get to the point and discuss the best lift kit for Chevy 2500HD. By the end of this article, you will know exactly which kit will be your best friend!
Best Lift Kit for Chevy 2500HD
1. Motorboat Lifts TKGM2500 Lifting Kit for Chevy 2500HD
This is the best you could get your hands on, trust us! And, Amazon thinks so too. It is reliable, easy to use, and can help you add 1 to 3 inches to your truck.
Let’s learn more about it:
- The manufacturer claims that its strength goes beyond cast keys and forged keys.
- It works well not just for GMD 2500HD pickups but also for 3500HD and any Chevrolet models from 2001 to 2010. However, if you only have 2500 and not 2500HD, you will need another kit.
- The kit has adjustable keys for you to adjust the height from 1 to 3 inches based on your preferences.
- The kit comes with shock extenders.
- The torsion keys are made with Grade 50 plate steel.
- Many users have said that the lifts are very easy to use.
2. Supreme Suspensions – Chevy 2500HD Leveling Lift Kit
Supreme Suspensions is another brand that you cannot ignore when thinking about suspension lifting kits. They are aces in the market today and have a variety of options for buyers to choose from.
Let’s look at some of the highlights of their suspension leveling lift kits for Chevy Silverado 2500HD:
- The kit consists of 2 carbon steel torsion keys that allow a lift up to 3 inches, 4 plated steel u-bolts, 2 billet aluminum rear lift blocks, and 2 carbon steel shock extenders along with a supreme pro pack and installation hardware & instructions.
- You can use this kit for Chevrolet models from 2001 to 2010. They also do well with 3500HD pickups.
- The installation process will not take you more than 2-4 hours. It is easy because the mechanism involved is the simple bolt-on mechanism. The only thing to remember is to remember to align while adjusting the height.
- You can add 3 inches of height to the front and 1-inch to the rear.
- The keys are extremely strong and resistant to deformation.
- Thanks to this leveling kit you can improve how your truck looks and also add larger custom rims if you want to.
3. WULF Chevy Silverado GMC Leveling Lift Kit
This one may not be as popular as the rest on our list, but it is definitely a reliable option. WULF Suspensions is known to build sturdy kits that are easy to install and last long.
Let’s take a closer look at what you can expect from this kit:
- This leveling kit is perfect for 2011 to 2018 Chevy models with 2500HD and 3500HD pickups and 4×4 2WD.
- It has front adjustable keys that will help you add 1 to 3 inches of height.
- The torsion keys are made out of steel.
- The kit has both, top mount and bottom mount shock extenders so that you use the right ones based on the amount of height you are increasing.
- The manufacturers provide a lifetime warranty, showing you that they are indeed reliable!
- As long as you know the basics of truck DIY, the installation will be fairly easy.
4. Torsion Bar Keys with Shock Brackets for Chevy 2500HD
Quite affordable and reliable at the same time, you cannot go wrong with these torsion bar keys with shock extender brackets. The only stipulation is that you should have the right model. Check specifications and only then make your purchase.
Read on for more information:
- These are the perfect torsion keys if you have a Chevy Silverado Sierra 1500HD, 2500HD, or 3500HD. The model should be from 2001 to 2010, and it should have only 8 lugs. If you are confused at any point about the fitment, we recommend that you call the seller before making a purchase.
- It requires no special tools for installation. In fact, it won’t take you longer than 2 hours to finish installing the lifts.
- Along with the keys, the kit has 2 struts and a pro shock-proof box for safety.
- The keys are made with hard forged steel and are highly resistant to corrosion.
- The lifts will make your truck looks great and further let you customize it if you wish to.
5. Liftcraft Silverado Sierra Leveling Kit for Chevy 2500HD
Made with high strength steel, the Liftcraft leveling kit shouldn’t be taken lightly. It is sturdy, durable, and gets the job done with incredible ease.
Let’s find out the features that set it apart:
- The kit consists of 2 carbon steel torsion keys, 2 carbon steel shock extenders, 1 torsion unloading tool, and an instruction manual to help you with the installation.
- The keys are twice as strong as factory keys.
- It allows up to 3 inches of lift over stock.
- The installation is bolt-on and can be finished in a couple of hours.
- After fitting the lifts, you can customize your truck with custom rims and tires, if you wish to.
- The kit comes with a lifetime warranty.
6. Full Lift Kit for Chevy Silverado – Front and Rear
This complete lift kit is ideal for you if you have a Chevy Silverado 1500HD, 2500HD, or 3500 HD. It is also suitable for Chevy Sierra of the same pickups. Also, please remember that it is compatible only with models from 2001 to 2010. Here are some of its features:
- It allows a lift of 1-3 inches in the front and 2 inches in the rear.
- Its torsion keys, which are forged, are more durable than regular OEM cast keys.
- It has carbon steel blocks for the rear that have been designed to give you additional strength.
- The lift kit allows you to install plus-sized tires very easily.
- The lifts are rust-resistant thanks to their powder finishing.
- You only need basic hand tools to install the lift kit, and the installation process is quite simple.
- Along with giving you a considerable amount of lift, the lifts will give your truck a complete makeover. It will look aggressive and formidable!
- The lift kit contains 2 adjustable torsion keys, 2 shock extenders, 2 lift blocks, 4 U-bolts (square-bend) with zinc plating, and an installation manual.
- It works only with 8-lug models.
7. TORCH Leveling Kit For Chevy 2500HD
It wouldn’t be an exaggeration if we called the TORCH Leveling Kit a complete kit. After all, it has everything you need to transform your truck! It comes with hardware and the required tools, making the installation process a breeze. Why else should you consider buying this? We have enlisted the reasons below:
- It provides excellent lifts in the front and rear. The front can go up to 3 inches while the rear will reach 2 inches.
- It comes with shock extenders, U-bolts, lift blocks (rear tapered), torsion keys for the front end of the truck (adjustable), and hardware.
- The kit requires no special tools for installation. All you need to do is to bolt in on! Even a first-time DIY enthusiast will be able to follow the instructions in the manual and install it.
- It is ideal for Chevy Sierra, Silverado, and GMC models from 2001 to 2010. Also, remember that it works only with torsion bar suspension. If you have any other models or pickups other than 2500 HD and 3500 HD, this lift kit is not for you.
- Also, make sure your truck is an 8-lug model before you buy this kit.
- You don’t need wheel spacers for this kit. Your factory rims will work just fine.
- You may feel a little stiffness in your ride after installation, but with this level of lifts, that is to be expected.
How to install a lift kit?
Now, if you are wondering how to install a lift kit because you really don’t want to spend money on a kit and a mechanic, this part of the blog will help you. We are going to go through each step to help you figure out how to do this on your own, with no external help and definitely no added expense. Let’s start!
- Everything starts with planning. Planning involves gathering everything you need, such as the tools, understanding the suspension type, and doing a little homework about your vehicle, especially if you are doing this for the first time.
- Start off by removing the negative battery terminal. This is a crucial step and is a safety measure. Forgetting this step will make you vulnerable to an electric shock.
- Locate the lug nuts and loosen them. You do not need to remove them completely.
- Use the jack and lift the vehicle’s front to a comfortable height. Each weight point must have a jack underneath. You also need safety stands for additional support because floor jacks will not be enough.
- Now, use a floor jack under the axle to remove the suspension components.
- After this, remove the tires, springs, shocks, and U-bolts. Depending on the age of your vehicle, this process may take time. Be patient and use a hammer if needed. If your kit has replacement parts, you can cut them off. Otherwise, you will have to be careful.
- Check the lift kit for instructions about the installation. Some are simple, bolt-in kits while others may need spring assembly.
- Start with your U-bolts and make sure they are vertical as well as aligned.
- Once you fix them in place, you can move to the shocks. These may need prior assembly. Assemble them and install them. The instructions that came with the kit should help you easily.
- Now, make sure everything is in place and bolted in properly. Follow the instruction manual to the T.
- You can wrap it up now by removing the safety stands and carefully lowering your vehicle. Reattach the negative terminal that you removed in the initial steps.
- Follow the same process for your rear tires.
We hope you found your favorite kit. Now, go buy and change the way you drive your Chevy. All the best!