Best ZJ Lift Kit – Top rated compatible lift kits for Jeep ZJ
Lift kits have become extremely popular because of the enhancement they lend to the truck. Depending on your vehicle, you can choose anything between 1 inch to 6 inches and enjoy the perks that come with a lifted vehicle.
If you own a Jeep ZJ and are looking to give it some lift, you have come to the right place. Our article focuses on the top ZJ lift kits on the market today. Let’s take a look.
Best ZJ Lift Kit
1. Supreme Suspensions – Full Lift Kit
We can hardly go through a list about lift kits without mentioning Supreme Suspensions. It is a leader in this space because of its high standards of quality. Here’s a peek at what this lift kit has to offer:
- This is a complete lift kit that will provide a 3-inch lift in the front and another 3 inches in the rear.
- It contains front and rear spring spaces made of high-crystalline Delrin, shocks, transfer case drop spacers, a Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack, and all the hardware you need for installation.
- The installation process is easy and does not require drilling or welding. You just need to bolt the lifts onto the vehicle. The entire process will not take more than 4 hours.
- You do not need to modify the jeep at all to accommodate the lifts.
- The lift kit promises multiple benefits including low friction, high strength, stability, and aesthetics.
- Improves ground clearance
- Does not affect factory ride quality
- Not an ideal pick for off-roading
2. Rough Country Lift Kits
Rough Country is a close competitor of Supreme Suspensions and it deserves its place on top. The company is known for manufacturing high-end lift kits with premium shocks that many users love. Below are the reasons why we are recommending this particular lift kit:
- This is a complete lift kit that promises a lift of around 4 inches.
- It has the ability to level the front and the rear so that the ride doesn’t feel awkward after the installation.
- The kit consists of N3 shock absorbers that are said to enhance performance and are suited to off-roading as well as on-road riding.
- After installing these lifts, you will see a significant improvement in the style and performance of your vehicle.
- It does a good job of maintaining OEM ride quality.
- The kit is backed by a lifetime replacement warranty.
- Superior ground clearance
- Excellent quality
- Installation instructions are vague
3. Daystar Lift Kit
Daystar is a good company that offers affordable lift kits for the Grand Cherokee ZJ. This particular set fits the 1984 to 1998 models (2 and 4 WD) and comes with multiple good features. A few of them are as follows:
- They provide a lift of around 1.75 inches.
- They have been engineered keeping performance and ground clearance in mind. So, you will enjoy them both after installation.
- Most parts of the kit are made of high density polyurethane, lending them strength and durability.
- The kit is quite easy to install.
- With 1.75 inches of lift, replacing your old tires with large ones will be quite easy.
- Quick to install
4. Supreme Suspensions – Full Lift Kit
Those who have a 1993 to 1998 model and would like 2 inches of lift at the front and the rear will love this particular kit from Supreme Suspensions. Below are a few of its features:
- With a simple bolt-on installation process, you will be able to give you jeep a new lift in 2 to 4 hours.
- The package consists of spacers, lifts, and the Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
- After the installation, you will be able to enjoy factory quality ride with no compromises.
- The spacers are made of Delrin, which has high tensile strength. This property enables it to take heavy load without compressing.
- You will also enjoy better ground clearance with this lift kit.
- Easy installation
- Improves appearance and performance
- Shocks are not included
5. Supreme Suspensions – Full Lift Kit with Transfer Case Drop Kit
This is another product from Supreme Suspensions that promises high quality performance through easy installation. It fits models from 1993 to 1998 and comes with the following features:
- This particular packages comes with spring spacers of great quality, the Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack, all the required hardware, and transfer case drop spacers. If the drop spacers are what you are eyeing, you should definitely buy this set.
- You will get a 3-inch lift at your front and the rear.
- Installation will not take more than 4 hours. After this, you will just need to align your vehicle and you will be good to go.
- There is a 2-inch variation of these lifts for ZJ that you can check out if you want a smaller lift.
- Please keep in mind that this lift is for the 4 WD models only.
- Very easy to install
- Good quality parts
- Shocks not included
From this list, it is easy to derive that Supreme Suspensions is the go-to with multiple options to pick from. We encourage you to buy the lift kit that suits your preferences.
Is a Rough Country Lift Kit good?
Yes, Rough Country manufacturers very good lift kits. A few of them are well within the affordable range.
Are 2-inch lift kits worth it?
It totally depends on the purpose of the lift. With a 2-inch lift you will avoid carrier damage and have better angles during departure. So that amount of lift is also worth it.
Does a 2-inch lift affect gas mileage?
Any kind of lift will actually reduce the mileage. With 2 inches, you may not notice it much but the higher the lift, the less the fuel economy.
Does a lift kit add value to the truck or jeep?
If you are speaking about resale value, we would have to say no. A modified vehicle, unless it is a serious improvement on the original, will not have many buyers.
Do lift kits hurt your truck?
If you use a good lift kit and only lift it to a reasonable height, it should be fine. Overdoing it can cause problems.
Do bigger tires affect mileage?
Yes, they do. They usually reduce the mileage.
If you have any questions that you would like us to answer, please feel free to comment.
Lift kits are an excellent idea if you want to install bigger tires on your jeep. The only thing you should make sure is to install good quality ones. If you aren’t sure about the installation process, it will be safer to have a professional do it for you.
We hope our article helped you. Keep following this space for more expert picks and tips.